Digital Commissions Call Out 2017
Tongues on Fire will be commissioning five UK emerging artists to collaborate with digital film makers to create new digital art for the 19th London Asian Film Festival in March 2017.
Tongues on Fire’s digital commissions programme aims to offer opportunities to artists to create new digital art through collaboration with artists working across all art forms. The digital art works will act as a catalyst for development and innovation sharing ideas, concepts and new work.
Tongues on Fire is offering to:
- Up to £5000 towards the making of 5 digital commissions by able bodied and disabled artists
- A platform for artists across all art forms to network, exchange ideas with digital artists and build suitable collaborations.
- An opportunity to showcase the digital films during the 19th London Asian Film Festival and its tour in March 2017 to coincide with the 70th anniversary of India’s independence
- Profile the work of local, national and regional artists
- Give opportunities to access other professionals and practitioners
Criteria for selection is based on:
- Theme – Memories Beyond Borders: We want artists and digital artists to respond to intergenerational, contemporary and progressive meaning to migration and displacement. This work will coincide with the 70th anniversary of India’s independence and the 45th anniversary of the Ugandan Asian exodus. The meaning of Memories Beyond Borders can be applied to other global issues related to the idea independence, blurring of borders and past borders.
- Young talent: The lead applicant has to be a new or emerging artist aged between 15 and 30 years collaborating with an experienced digital artist
- Disability: At least one commission will be awarded to a disabled artist
- Highest Quality: work with a clear sense of purpose and integrity that has the potential to reach the highest artistic standards of practice.
- Engagement: work that has the ability to interact and captivate audiences.
To be considered for a Memories Beyond Borders commission, each artist will need to provide:
- A 2-page proposal about the artistic idea that includes:
- the project name
- the artistic vision and how it will be realised
- partnerships and other funders
- a timeline
- length of digital art
- screening technical requirements
- 250 words biography of the artist demonstrating the capacity to create a quality work for the general public
- Up to 3 online links and biography of the digital artist to demonstrate a track record of producing quality work that is innovative, diverse and challenging
- Submit a visual mood board of the artistic idea
- Submit your proposal to [email protected] or at https://filmfreeway.com/festival/LondonAsianFilmFestival
- For further info or a chat please email Rahila or Samir on [email protected]
The deadline for submissions of proposals is the 1 December 2016.
London Asian Film Festival proudly accepts entries via FilmFreeway.com, the world’s best online submission platform. FilmFreeway offers free HD online screeners, unlimited video storage, digital press kits, and more. Click to submit with FilmFreeway.
Digital Commissions are supported by ARTs Council England & Farrell Engineering Ltd.