Tongues On Fire is a not-for-profit organisation and the producer of The UK Asian Film Festival. Our goal is to provide a platform for independent film and arts with a link to South Asia. We celebrate South Asian culture, its vibrancy and its many dimensions through storytelling, live events, master classes and cinema screenings. We are proud to be able to provide a platform for emerging talent to showcase their work, offer networking events with industry leaders and provide wider learning opportunities for the filmmaking community.
The personal information we collect
Tongues on Fire may collect your personal information when you choose to engage with us in one or more of the following ways:
- When you book to attend a screening or event
- When you submit films or apply for inclusion in any of our events or programmes
- Complete a feedback form at a screening, event or training programme
- Subscribe to our mailing list on our website and other digital platforms
- Contact us directly by email or social media
- Contact us by phone, verbally or by mobile messaging
Tongues on Fire will may collect and retain the following personal information:
- Contact details
- Information provided on feedback forms, including age, ethnicity and gender
- Photographs, video and audio recordings captured at our screenings, events and training programmes
How we use your personal information
Tongues on Fire may use the personal information you provide in the following ways:
- To improve your experience of engaging with Tongues on Fire at screenings, events and delivering training programmes
- To improve your experience of engaging with Tongues on Fire on our website and other digital platforms
- To send you marketing communications by email and/or mobile messaging if you have provided consent
- Written testimonials, photographs and video footage may be used for promotional material on our website and other digital platforms and in print (including flyers and brochures)
If you visit the website but do not provide your details, we will not collect personal information about you. Similarly, if you have not engaged with Tongues on Fire in person through our screenings, events or training programmes, we will not collect or hold any personal information about you.
From time to time, Tongues on Fire may also participate in Facebook’s ‘Custom Audience’ service. This service enables us to display to you personalised content to Facebook users who have visited our website. The personal information used for this is anonymous and we will never attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
How we keep your personal information and whom it is shared with
Tongues on Fire stores your personal information securely on our office computer system and in a manual filing system. Access is restricted to members of staff who need to use it for the processes outlined in this policy. We will never sell or pass on your personal information.
Tongues on Fire does not currently track your use of our website using cookies. If this changes we will ensure that this is announced publicly.
About your rights
If you wish to have the personal information we have about you changed or deleted, please contact us at [email protected] You have the right to receive a copy of the personal information that we hold about you and if you wish to exercise this right, please contact us at the email address above.
If you have subscribed to receive marketing communications by email and mobile messaging, you can unsubscribe here at any time.